Thursday, June 2, 2011

To Cheat or Not to Cheat...

June 2nd 2011:

Stats for Day 2
Cigarettes smoked: 1
Pieces of Nicorette chewed: 5
Number of near meltdowns: 3

So, I survived the first day and most of the second of my new, (almost) smoke-free life.

Yes, I smoked three cigarettes yesterday, but I couldn't let them go to waste now, could I?

Seriously though, slips will happen, and three is way better than the 10-20 I would normally smoke in a day, right? Today, I also cheated a bit. Work stress led me to bum a cigarette on my lunch break, of which I smoked half.

Then, I smoked the other half after dinner.

Sigh... nobody's perfect, right?

Not to be discouraged! I will plug another piece of nicotine gum into my mouth (yes, I am craving a smoke something awful right at this very moment -- when I'd write, I would really crank through the cigarettes, so I guess you could say sitting at this here computer is a trigger), do some exercising to keep the "quit weight" off, watch a little TV maybe, then head to bed - perhaps I will make it through day three without smoking any cigarettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment